1 December, 2017
Savory Chickpea Flour Waffles
Posted in : Recipes on by : Chef Spaulding
- Chickpea Flour (Garbanzo Bean Flour) || 2 cups
- Baking Powder || 1-1/2 tsp
- Sea Salt || 2 tsp
- Black Pepper, ground || 1/4 tsp || I like a little more
- Aquafaba (canned Garbanzo Bean liquid), whisked || 1/4 cup
- Almond Milk, Unsweetened || 1 c up plus (~1-2 Tbls)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil || 2 Tbls
- Zucchini, coarse grated || 1 each
- Fresh Basil, julienned || 2 Tbls
- Garlic, minced || 2-3 cloves
- Combine dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Pepper).
- Combine wet ingredients and filling.
- Mix wet, filling and dry ingredients to make the batter.
- Heat waffle iron to high (mine is 7 of 8).
- Spoon enough batter to make a full size, or smaller for rough edge, cook until browned.
- Add topics
- The Waffle recipe is from: zucchini-basil chickpea waffles w/ tomato + shaved fennel salad /September 9, 2014 by Lindsey | Dolly and Oatmeal. Check out her website and fantastic photos and step by step recipes. And check out her book “Chickpea Flour Does It All”.