3 December, 2017
Black Pepper Cauliflower and Tempeh
Posted in : Recipes on by : Chef Spaulding
- Tempeh, sliced to postage stamp size || 8 oz
- Cauliflower, chopped to small pieces || 12 oz
- Black Pepper, ground || 1-2 tsp
- Shallots, thinly sliced || 3 each
- Red Pepper Flakes || 2 tsp
- Garlic, diced || 10-15 cloves
- Ginger, pealed and diced || 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil || 3 Tbsp
- Tamari / Shoyu / Soy Sauce || 3 Tbsp
- Turbinado Sugar || 1/4 cup || I use less for a less sweet sauce
- Water || 2-3 Tbsp
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Tamari, Sugar, Water.
- In a large skillet, heat the Olive Oil over medium-low heat, saute the Garlic, Ginger, Shallots. Add the Red Pepper Flakes. Be careful not to brown the ingredients.
- Raise the temperature to medium high, add the tempeh, stir and coat with Shallot mixture.
- Cook for a couple minutes, stir in the Tamari sauce, cook for a minute.
- Add the Cauliflower.
- Cook on high until the Tempeh and Cauliflower start to brown.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the Back Pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Adapted from Super Natural Every Day.