3 December, 2017
Broccoli-New Potato Gribiche
Posted in : Recipes on by : Chef Spaulding
Egg or egg-less (so not a French Sauce Gribiche)
- New or Fingerling Potatoes || 1-1/2 lbs || unpealed, large potatoes cut.
- Broccoli Florets || 12 oz
- Olive oil || 2 Tbsp
- Sea Salt || 2 pinches
For “Gribiche” Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil || 1/2 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar || 2 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard || 1 tsp
- Shallot, chopped || 2 each
- Tofu, firm, chopped in 1/8″ cubes || 4 oz
- Paprika || 1/4 tsp
- Capers, chopped || 1 Tbsp
- Parsley, chopped || 1 Tbsp
- Tarragon, chopped || 1 Tbsp
- Chives, chopped || 1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss potatoes with the olive oil and salt, spread out on a baking sheet
- Roast until cooked and starting to brown, about 30 mins.
- About 15 mins before potatoes are done, toss the broccoli in olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread on their own baking sheet or add to the potatoes sheet (one less sheet to clean).
- Whisk Olive Oil, Mustard, Paprika. Whisk in Red Wine Vinegar.
- Add Capers, Herbs and 1/4 of theTofu.
- Toss the warm Vegetables with about two thirds the Dressing, add additional Dressing to taste.
- Serve in a bowl or platter.
- For the Egg version of the Gribiche sauce.
- Substitute 4 hard boiled Eggs (rather than Tofu).
- Remove the Paprika.
- Mash the yolk of 1 of the eggs, slowly add the Olive Oil until smooth.
- Whisk in the Red Wine Vinegar, Mustard. Add Capers, Herbs.
- Adapted from Super Natural Every Day (pg 88).