28 November, 2017
Carrot Ginger Soup
Posted in : Recipes on by : Chef Spaulding
Makes 10-12 servings
- Ginger, minced || 1-2 Tbl || I’ve been known to use 3 or 4 Tbl
- Garlic, minced || 2-4 Cloves
- Onion, Chopped || 1/2 cup
- Carrots || 5 cups (1-1/2 lbs)
- Vegetable Stock || 20 oz
- Water || 8 oz
- Lime juice || 1/4 cup
- Nonfat yogurt || for garnish
- In a soup pot or large casserole, saute the Onion, Ginger, Garlic in 2 Tbs Olive Oil, until tender.
- Add the Vegetable Stock, Carrots, Water (and perhaps a bit of White Wine or Dry Vermouth)
- Simmer until carrots are al dente or almost tender. About 20 minutes.
- Add the lime juice.
- You may want to let the soup cool a bit before pureeing.
- In a blender, or with a wand mixer, puree the soup. Smooth or a bit rough, as you wish.
- Chill or Serve Warm
- Garnish with a dollop or squeeze a swirl of the Yogurt.
- From SF Chronicle / Image Magazine, May 3, 1987. “Wood On Food” by Jim Wood